Just Eat It…
A new trend popping up in breakfast, lunch and dinner is asparagus. From eggs benedict to a sauteed side at a trendy restaurant, these green stalks are showing up everywhere. This yummy veggie has all the essentials including folic acid, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin A and C. Asparagus has no fat, no cholesterol and is low in sodium. The best part about this vegetable is that it can be cooked or added to almost any type of cuisine. Eat it raw or steamed or sauteed-but just eat it!
You might also like
We want to know what you think. Do you agree? Or disagree?
Click to Contribute
Posted by eatsmart on June 14, 2012 | Permalink
Topics: Healthy Food List |
- Cancer Preventing Foods are Important for Your Diet – Watercress (0)
- Navitas Naturals Organic Goji Berries Himalayan Superfruits (0)
- Red Peppers Help Fight Off Heart Disease and Cancer (Carotine) (0)
- Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes (0)
- Best ways to cook onions to preserve nutritients (1)
- Plant peppers in your vegetable garden! (0)
- Recipes that celebrate the humble potato (2)
- Grow your own tomatoes (0)
- Eat sweet potatoes year round! (1)
- 9 reasons why you should eat plantains to keep your body healthy as you age! (5)
Note: If you haven't left a comment on the EatSmartAgeSmart.com site before, you may need to be approved by our editorial team before your comment appears. Until then, it won't appear on the site. Thanks for your understanding.
331 views. - Post views calculated since 26 Oct '09
Most Commented Posts