If you haven’t integrated omega3 fish oil in your diet, I hope this new study will make you change your ways.
Several studies have shown that rodents accumulate less body fat when fed a diet rich in fish oil (FO) when compared to an iso-energetic diet rich in other types of fat. However, little is known about the effects of dietary FO on body composition and resting metabolic rate (RMR) in humans.
A recent study at Gettysburg College, in Pennsylvania sought to determine the effects of supplemental FO on RMR and body composition in middle-aged adults. The results showed a significant increase in lean mass following treatment with FO and a significant reduction in fat mass.
The results have been published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (October 8, 2010).
The fish oil used in the study was o3mega+ extra strength from Canadian company Genuine Health.
I’ve been taking Genuine Health Omega 3 fish oil for a few years now because 1) I love the company 2) I know they source out quality ingredients in everything they do.
>>> Here 3 important reasons to consider Genuine Health Omega 3 fish oil:
1. Wild, pure sources = highest Omega-3s
• Genuine Health’s fish oils are derived from pure and wild sources of anchovy and sardines.
• These fish are among the highest in beneficial oils, and because of their short lifespan are cleaner and less likely to be exposed to toxins.
• A wild fish source is superior, as farmed fish such as salmon, can contain much lower levels of the beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Unique delivery system = no fishy odour, taste or aftertaste (that was so important for me)
• Genuine Health’s unique id SystemTM enteric-coating ensures the delivery of the fish oils to your small intestine for immediate and proper absorption.
• This special coating also guarantees no fishy taste, repeat or odour.
3. The cleanest, safest sources
• All of Genuine Health’s fish oils are thoroughly tested to ensure there are no pesticides, heavy metals (including mercury) or other dangerous dioxins.
• o3mega+ extra strength is hexane free.
• Genuine Health’s fish oils are pharmaceutical grade and have been tested by The International Fish Oil Standards, administered by the University of Guelph.
• In addition, Genuine Health’s fish oils meet standards set by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Council for Responsible Nutrition, as well as the Environmental Protection guidelines.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, then you’ll know how much I love Genuine Health’s products.
If this is the first time you’ve heard about Genuine Health, I suggest you take a look at all of their products and find a few that will support your health!
>>> Here’s their website: Genuine Health
© All copyrights reserved to http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com in all countries.
>>>> If you’re viewing this healthy eating or healthy living tip in an aggregator that collects content from different sites, or as a re-blogged post, please check out the content from the REAL website at www.EatSmartAgeSmart.com