***Update December 4th at 6:23 pm – I GOT THE RECIPE!!! Yes, I got the recipe directly from Chef Curtis Stone via a great contact of mine. You’ll find the step by steps right below the video. Please remember that we’ve reconfigured the site so you can print any page and keep it as a reference. Happy Healthy Cooking!***
***Update as of December, 3rd 4:53 pm. I’m trying to get the actual step by step recipe for this Biggest Loser recipe. I’m on the waiting list, but the second I get it, I will publish it. I have a contact that’s working hard at getting those ingredients to me from Chef Curtis Stone. Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss out!!!***
It’s getting to the final weeks on The Biggest Loser!
Last night was another exciting episode.
Danny got a great treat for having lost the most weight in week 11 and The Biggest Loser Chef Curtis Stone dropped by to show him and his family how to cook healthy homemade recipes.
Chef Curtis Stone showed Danny and his family how to take a traditional baked potato recipe (which contains 850 calories) down to a healthier option with his Turkey Chili inside a baked potato recipe (which ONLY contains 209 calories)!
I tried getting the recipe last night, but couldn’t find it. This I was lucky because a source of mine sent me the clip of Chef Curtis Stone helping Danny and his family make better/healthier food choices!
>>> Chef Curtis Stone’s Turkey Chili and baked potato recipe
Turkey and Vegetable Chili by Chef Curtis Stone
For the chili:
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, medium diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small red chili, seeded and small diced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 large carrot, peeled and small diced
1 large celery stalk, medium diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and medium dice
12 ounces 1% lean ground turkey
4 medium size ripe tomatoes, medium diced
8 oz cooked white or black beans
4 cups baby spinach
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup plain fat free Greek style yogurt
Micro cilantro to garnish, (can substitute with chopped chives or chopped cilantro)
1. Place a large saute pan over medium high heat, then drizzle with the oil.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and red chili and sauté for 2 minutes, or until tender.
3. Sprinkle the cumin over the onion mix and stir well, then add the carrot, celery, and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables begin to get tender.
4. In a separate saute pan, brown the turkey in the remaining oil over medium high heat, then transfer to the vegetable mix.
5. Add the tomatoes and the beans and cook for a further 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat.
7. Season the chili to taste with freshly ground black pepper
8. Spoon the chili into serving dishes
9. Spoon a tablespoon of the yogurt onto each garnish with the micro cilantro and serve.
* Serving Size 4
* Calories 280
* Total Fat g 7
* Sat Fat g 1.5
* Cholesterol mg 35
* Sodium mg 120
* Total Carb g 28
* Dietary Fiber g 9
* Sugar g 7
* Protein g 29
>>>> The Biggest Loser Season 8 in review:
Photo by norwichnuts
© All copyrights reserved to http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com in all countries.
>>>> If you’re viewing this healthy eating or healthy living tip as part of an aggregated content stream from different sites, or as a re-blogged post, please check out the content on the original Web site at www.EatSmartAgeSmart.com