Ever wonder what BPA-free means on the front of your favorite canned foods? BPA is a chemical (similar to estrogen) that is used to line the inside of metal cans. Look for labels that state BPA-free especially on canned foods that contain high acid type foods such as tomatoes or citrus, because they can cause BPA to leak into the contents of the can.
You might also like
We want to know what you think. Do you agree? Or disagree?
Click to Contribute
Posted by eatsmart on December 5, 2012 | Permalink
Topics: Healthy Food List |
- Outside Factors That Can Be Making You Fat (0)
- Hydrate with Lemon Water (0)
- Make Sure to Cook Your Meat (0)
- Not All Fats Are Created Equal (0)
- Is their such a thing as a Healthy Waffle?? (0)
- Can EggNog be Healthy? Healthy Holiday Tips (0)
- Omega 3 Can Help Elevate Mood as a Calcium Channel blocker (0)
- Spaghetti Squash is Loaded with Vitamins and Important Nutrients (0)
- Eat Chocolate Daily to Reduce Chance of Heart Attack or Stroke (0)
- Taking Biotin as an Oral Supplement can really Help to Combat Thinning Hair (0)
Note: If you haven't left a comment on the EatSmartAgeSmart.com site before, you may need to be approved by our editorial team before your comment appears. Until then, it won't appear on the site. Thanks for your understanding.
5930 views. - Post views calculated since 26 Oct '09